Thursday, February 6, 2014

Meet the Newest Missionary for Mutant Mormondom...

So. I went to UUPP on Tuesday night, like I said I would, and guess who was there? No, not Jan. She's still at Primary Children's in Salt Lake, healing sick children. I walked into the room full of my Latter-day Mutant friends, and there was Lucy. She was chatting with a guy who has water-breathing powers (he jokingly calls himself Fish Breath), but as soon as she noticed me she jumped up and gave me a hug. Apparently she's been going to UUPP meetings since she got out of the hospital and she was disappointed that I hadn't been attending.

During the meeting, Lucy was the most vocal member of the group. She teared up when she was telling a new member about how Jan healed her, and how Lucy now feels that it's her mission to help her fellow non-mutants understand and accept us. After the meeting Lucy and I hung around and talked for hours, and then we met for dinner last night and talked for hours again, and then again tonight. She wants to know everything about my power and about my experiences as a mutant growing up in the church. I don't think I've ever talked so much about myself in my life, but she just keeps asking questions.


I know what this looks like. My girlfriend ran off to save the world, so I rebound with the first girl who comes along (who just happens to be the last girl I went out with before meeting my girlfriend). That's not what's happening. Jan and I haven't even broken up, officially, and even if we had I'm not ready to move on yet. Lucy is a friend. That's all.

But it sure is nice to have a friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment